Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fickle February Weather

It rained today, and what did we choose to do? We went to the zoo. It wasn't supposed to rain until the AFTERNOON, but, of course, the forecasters were wrong, and we got rained on--a lot. We had a good time with Karyn and little Philip, though, despite the cold and rain. I've never been to the zoo when it was so empty. We had the unique experience of being face-to-face with one of the giraffes, which was fun. A giraffe's head sure is huge when you're right up close. The kids loved it, and so did I. What amazing creatures they are (the giraffes, that is--although my children can be quite amazing at times, too...). We also got up close and personal with the lions who were attempting to stay dry under under the rocks and right next to the glass.
Yesterday, though, was a different story weather-wise. Still cold but the warmth of the sun felt good. I got out the camera when I saw this. I love it!




















While Kari was engrossed in her books, this is how the other two were spending their time outside.
After a while, Kari decided to join them and play, too.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Wow, Andrea we do have a lot of friends in common. Your kids are so beautiful - those smiles are incredible! And Congratulations too on your new bundle - what a blessing! Thanks for popping in, and no, I don't mind the stalking. ;)

btw, I agree with you guys on telling our kids the truth - I wouldn't want them to doubt the 'stories' we tell them about Jesus, if we told them stories about the Easter Bunny and tooth fairy too. How will they know the truth unless we share with them and help them navigate through?