Friday, February 05, 2010

Happy Day

I haven't been ready to proclaim our news to the world...until today. If you've seen me in the last month, you may have already guessed (or just thought I was getting fat). We are 13 weeks pregnant! I've known since the Monday after Thanksgiving, but we didn't tell anyone until Christmas, and since then word has been slowly leaking out. After our last miscarriage, I just wasn't eager to share. We had an ultrasound at 9 weeks that confirmed that baby was alive and well, and then at today's appointment we were able to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Maybe now I'll finally be able to quit stressing and relax a little (maybe). It's been a long first trimester, and I'm so glad it's over!

The official due date is August 11th, so judging from past experiences, we'll probably have him/her the first week or so of August. We've never had a summer baby (on purpose), but obviously, God had a different plan this time. So...if any of you ladies have summer maternity clothes you want to lend me, I would be so grateful. Our plan is to be done after this one. While I'm not looking forward to being big and pregnant in the heat of summer (with no central AC), I do have to admit it will be fun to have a birthday party outside or by the pool, for a change. We've got Kari in December, Joel and me in January, Aubrey in February, and Greg in March.

We find out the sex in five weeks. Whatever we get is fine with me. It's a baby! I don't really have any predictions one way or the other. I thought Aubrey was going to be a boy, so I'm no good at it anyway. I haven't allowed myself to think about names or anything yet, but I think it's time to start making a list. We had a difficult time naming Aubrey, so we'll see what we come up with. It may be a very short list.

I'll probably start a separate blog for all things "baby" but not today. I'm just letting the good news sink in. And I really need to take a nap. :)

12 comments:

The Miller Family said...

:) SO HAPPY FOR YOU FRIEND!

Ellie said...

Yay! Can't have too many Moffats running around. : )

rdnaharding said...

I was curious when I saw you on Sunday!!! SOOO excited for you!!!
Congratulations!!!
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Being pregnant in the summer isn't that bad.. I actually prefer it. But I think that's because I prefer my summer maternity clothes to my winter :0)

Mars said...

Yay! We are happy for you guys! :)

Rainy said...

Andrea & Greg--Congrats! Glad you are having another kiddo to raise to love Jesus!
I'm with Natalie. (Maybe cuz Gene, Becki, & I all have summer b.days) And don't fret about being prego in the summer. This is Oregon. Summer doesn't start til the kids go back to school:) If August 2010 gets really hot, just go to a lot of movies & malls.
Enjoy this time--
Rainy

Cheryl Licht said...

I was wondering when you were going to go public with it! I'm so glad you made it out of your 1st trimester safe and sound. Praise God! And I'd let you have my summer maternity clothes, but they're so ugly and worn out that I was thinking the other day even if I do end up needing them, I don't think I can bare to wear them even one more time. So just put some cash in the maternity buget and head over to Old Navy....:-) Love you!!!

Jon and Erin said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so very excited for you! I hope it goes well. At last that yucky first trimester is over.

Pate Family said...

So happy for you! Four is a very good number!

Alison said...

Congratulations!

Faith said...

Congrats!!! Let me tell you, being prego in summer is not fun, especially this last summer with the long stretch of 100 degree weather and no AC. but it's so worth it! Luke is Sep 2 and Brynn is Aug 6. Luke's 2nd party was at a park on a beautiful day and it's so nice to recover when it's still nice outside...made me feel more sane. our eldests share december 17 so you know like I do that it's hard to have a baby in the dreary, dark winter! Just my opinion. I am going to get rid of my maternity clothes so I'll give you whatever summery stuff I still have:) Congrats again!

Marianne Wick said...

Congrats! Four kids is a great number to have. I was just thinking today as I was babysitting Rowan and he was taking an hour long nap in my arms, "I'm so glad Derek and Janelle decided to have one more baby, their family just wouldn't be the same without him". Your new little one will be no exception! ( : Hang in there, you are just entering the best stage. And this time you can treasure every moment since it will be the last time - so fun.