Tuesday, December 01, 2009

It's Here!

I was so excited when this arrived in the mail today. It's the first, of what I hope will be several, blog books. I don't scrapbook, but, obviously, I do enjoy blogging, so when I heard about Blurb (a site that does this--turns your blog into a book), I thought I'd give it a try. They had a great deal going just before Thanksgiving (free shipping, big discount), so I rushed to get the first year and a half done (I started the blog in Sept 2006). I've already found some formatting errors, but oh well! Overall, I'm really pleased with the end product. The next one will be a cinch to do now that I know what I'm doing. I think when the kids are older they'll enjoy reading through it. I know it's all online, but there's something about having an actual book in my hands that appeals to me.



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Denee said...

That's so cook! I'll have to look into that!

Kara Pennington Photography said...

That's such a good idea - love it!

Pate Family said...

Oh I have been planning on doing this- I will have to get a tutorial from you first!

Jenne said...

AHHH! I love it!

So, what resolution do you usually upload your pictures at? I ask because I always do it pretty low. I just wonder how my low res pics will turn out if i do this, too. What are your thoughts?

Greg and Andrea said...

Jenne, I often use Picasa to upload photos, which resizes them automatically to a lower resolution (the ones in this post are 400x266), and most of them worked just fine in the book. A couple photos that I had cropped significantly were too low a resolution, so I had to either format the page so the photo was smaller or just upload the actual photo from my computer into the book-making program. The Blurb program alerts you when a photo's resolution is too low for a quality image in the book.

Cheryl Licht said...

Ditto what Denee said, only that's "cool" instead of "cook." More things to put in our budget, Philip's gonna love it (sense the sarcasim).