Monday, June 15, 2009

"We coordinate"

I admit, I'm a sucker for matching/coordinating outfits for my kids, and so Kari has known and used the word "coordinate" for quite some time now. I wasn't about to make my son and daughter exactly match, but sometimes they did "coordinate." Now that we have Aubrey, Kari has a little sister with whom to coordinate and sometimes even match. This post only has the girls in it, but it's been fun to watch relationships develop between all three kids. Joel has really been enjoying Aubrey's company more and more, at least when she's not messing with his things, and Kari enjoys mothering Aubrey. That four years between K&A seems like a big span right now, but someday it won't be such a wide gap, and hopefully, they'll be good friends.

This photo is for you, Tiffany. There shall be more to come, thanks to you and your fun garage sale. :-)
This photo is compliments of Uncle Eric. It was at the Sunday school end-of-the-year bowling party yesterday. Kari loves to hold Aubrey, and Aubrey was content to sit with her for about 30 seconds, long enough to snap a photo. Then she was done, much to Kari's dismay.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!
Andrea, I just LOVE those girls. I can't get over how old Kari looks. You have (and Greg, too) have done such an amazing job. I am so super proud to call them my nieces!
Auntie, Em
ps-Uncle Brian has already put this pic on his phone. This means I got erased! But, I couldn't have picked 2 better people to be replaced by!
Love you!

Pate Family said...

Oh to have two girls to coordinate! I'm afraid even if I do have a girl this time the almost 9 year age difference (yikes) will make that a bit tricky. I'll live vicariously through you and be happy to see Heather's clothes live on! I can't wait (the couple of years?) to see them in the Christmas dresses! The picture from the bowling alley is SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Love it. My boys have coordinating Dodgers hats...does that count? Oh, yeah, coordinating grass stains too!