Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm a criminal

Did you know they don't always send you a renewal notice for your driver's license? I didn't, and today at Home Depot, the cashier told me she couldn't accept my expired license as ID with my credit card. My license expired January 25, 2007! I have been driving without a proper license for 9 months! I can't believe I didn't notice, and I can't believe that the hundreds of people who have looked at my ID this year haven't noticed.

After paying $34.50 and getting my picture taken at the DMV, I can say I am no longer a criminal. If I would have gotten pulled over in the last week, I wonder what the policeman would have said? We just bought our van, and so we don't have all the paperwork processed yet. "You have no license, no proof of insurance, and no car registration...hmmm." Good thing I'm a good citizen and an otherwise lawful driver.

1 comment:

G&G Viertell said...

Andrea! That is why we always refer to those awful pix as mug shots!