Saturday, July 02, 2022

Deck Project

 For some reason, our deck stain did not weather the winter well, and I ended up having to redo the whole thing. I started out just cleaning it, thinking I could just re-stain the parts that needed it, and then the stain started gelling and coming up when I was cleaning it off! It was such a mess. I tried sanding with a handheld sander, but that wasn't going to work for the entire deck. I got deck stripper, which also made a huge mess. I spent three days cleaning it off, sanding the spots that needed it, and re-staining with a different stain. It was a lot of hard work, and I was pretty frustrated in the middle of it, but I got it done, and it looks great now! I'm hopeful that this new stain will last longer and that I can just touch-up in the future. I do not want to redo that whole deck again anytime soon!








No comments: