Friday, January 01, 2021

New Year's Eve

 We rang in the new year with a half-hearted toast of sparkling cider at 9:00pm. Greg was feeling chemo terrible, and I still had no energy from COVID and a sinus infection. We were pretty pathetic. Our true New Year's celebration will be in March when Greg is done with chemo treatments. This has been one of the weirdest, hardest, most challenging years of our lives. We are hoping and praying that 2021 is a better one. 

I kept this 2020 balloon up on the bookshelf in the living room ever since my friends brought it to me back in June. It shows one star out of five--"Do not recommend." It made me smile every time I looked at it, thinking about rating 2020 and of the care and love friends have shown this last year during a very tough season. I took it down January 1st. Out with the old...!




No comments: