Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Signs of summer

We had such a dreary, miserable spring weather-wise, but summer is coming! The lilacs brightened my days when they were in bloom earlier this spring--so beautiful and fragrant. The bush we planted two years ago finally started to blossom. We had a few hot days this spring, just a preview, a tease, of summer, and then it was back to rain again.

The strawberries were a little late this year due to the cooler weather. I picked 57 pounds of strawberries on the one day I didn't sub this last week. Nothing like the taste of fresh Hood strawberries. Mmmm! My legs and back are still complaining, though, from the three hours of bending and squatting to pick. I was determined to get as much done as I could. :) Aren't they beautiful?

The kids have been outside with their neighborhood friends a lot, too. Kids playing board games on the sidewalk out front is just a little glimpse of lazy summer days ahead. Soon! Those days will be here soon!

No comments: