Saturday, August 20, 2016

Joel at Trout Creek

Joel went to Trout Creek Bible Camp last week and had loads of fun with his friends. He came back dirty and happy and with a very croaky, hoarse voice. Unfortunately, we had some bad news we had to break to him once we got home. His hamster, Fluffy, died while he was at camp. He took it hard and cried all through his shower, just made me so sad listening to him. I told him if he wanted to, we could go to the pet store and see if there was another one he would like to have. He decided he did want to go look. We drove to the pet store and looked at the hamsters...and the guinea pigs. I kind of liked the idea of a guinea pig more than another hamster, and Joel had been so sad, and his smile when I said "maybe" to a guinea pig got me. His bigger smile when he was holding the guinea pig sealed the deal. I said yes, and we came home with Charlotte.








No comments: