Saturday, April 23, 2016

R&R (sort of)

It's been a while since we've had a Saturday like the one we've had today. It was so nice to just be home and not have a lot of places we had to go or things we had to do. Joel had a basketball game at 11am, but that was the only thing on our schedule.  The kids got along, entertained themselves (did not complain of being bored), and allowed us to relax but also to get some things done around the house. I love it when my kids get along and enjoy each other. Kari had a friend spend the night last night, and we had Abbie Woodard here for the day, so that added to the fun. 

At one point, Greg was sitting and reading, I was in the kitchen baking treats for church tomorrow, the boys were playing Kinect Sports, and the girls were doing crafts and face-painting. I sighed and thought, "What a nice day, Lord. What a great season this is for us. I am blessed." I also felt thankful for the rest after a very full week of activities, appointments, and meetings. I snapped some quick photos so I could remember this--messy island and all (real life).










No comments: