Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Spirit Week

It was Spirit Week at the kids' school last week.  I found out quickly which kids still enjoy this sort of thing and which one really doesn't! I was only semi-successful in convincing our eldest to join in the fun and gave up towards the end of the week.

The first day was Crazy Hair Day. Joel decided not to make an effort with Crazy Hair day this year and went with his normal hair, but I helped the girls. The night before, Kari asked me to put sponge rollers in her hair so we could do a crazy, curly hairstyle the next day, so I did. She has a lot of hair! Well, that next morning, after I'd worked on the crazy hair (and spent quite a bit of time doing it, I might add, winding pipe cleaners through each little curly ponytail), she decided she didn't want to do it anymore and was afraid no one else would remember (it was a Monday). Tears, lots of tears from her and lots of frustration from me! She did end up going to school with the crazy hair but took it out once she got there.

Aubrey, on the other hand, fully embraced all aspects of Spirit Week. We did lots of braided ponytails for her. She had an eye doctor appointment that morning, so she even went to the doctor with crazy hair and was totally fine with it! (Turns out she doesn't need glasses--yet. Not perfect vision but dr says not too bad.)


Aubrey with her friend, Makayla, when they got off the bus together with their crazy hair. It was pretty bright out, hence the squinty faces. :)

Tuesday was school color day. Everyone happily wore blue and green.


Aubrey and Makayla again but without the squinty faces.

Wednesday was Hawaiian Day and another morning of convincing Kari to be a good sport.

Thursday was Dress Your Best Day, but I didn't get a photo. Aubrey was the only one dressed up. She did look cute, so I wish I would have remembered to take her picture! And Friday was Rainbow Day, which all the kids embraced, as they just had to wear colorful clothes. No photo for that one either. Oops.

No comments: