Monday, May 20, 2013

First Piano Recital

Kari did so well in her first recital. We were proud of her! She's been playing for less than 5 months (started in January), and she's already surpassed me in my childhood piano endeavors. The one song I can still play is "The Riding Mule," and she mastered that one two months into her lessons. :) She is really enjoying playing and is self-motivated. We don't have to remind her to practice. I hope she continues because I love to listen to her play. We absolutely love her teacher, Katie. She is an accomplished pianist and an amazing teacher. She's so positive and encouraging, and the music from her students last night was impressive--a lot of talent and hard work displayed. Kari is in good hands! We enjoyed some yummy strawberry shortcake afterwards, too. It was a good night. I'm looking forward to next year's recital already.
Thanks, Dad, for the video!
playing "The Pet Shop"--adapted from Schubert and "Waterfall Jewels"--Vogt
Her teacher is the one in the middle in the red.
 

Kari Moffat Piano Recital May 19, 2013 from Barry Arnold on Vimeo.

No comments: