Friday, January 18, 2013

Fun with a box

Isn't it amazing what kids can do with a box? My dad brought this copier machine box over with a little flap door cut out, calling it a "2 hour babysitter." It did occupy them for hours and for multiple days, too. It's still hanging around, three days later. They turned it into a house, complete with duct taped roof and curtains for the window. Greg says next year for Christmas we're getting four large boxes and a roll of duct tape for each. :)

Family update: We might finally be done with the stomach bug now and all other illnesses for quite a while, I hope. I did finally succumb, the last to fall, and it was brutal, but it's OVER, and I'm back to feeling like myself again. This last month has been a little rough, going from strep throat to the never-ending plague with an extra little cold virus thrown in just for fun. I am looking forward to going to church this weekend--haven't been for the last three weeks! I got well just in time to work on party planning for Joel's birthday this weekend. Party#1 is this afternoon with his friends. I'm picking up six kids from school in a couple hours and driving them all to JJ Jump where we'll be meeting up with more friends to play before coming back to our house for some pizza, presents, and cake and ice cream. It's gonna be a wild and crazy time!


No comments: