Monday, October 08, 2012

Love my job

We had such a nice at-home day today--worked on laundry, did some cleaning, made banana bread. I was fun mom today, too, and made "flubber" with the kids. Sometimes I forget to do things like this with them. I did a lot more crafty kid stuff with Kari and Joel, it seems. I need to step it up with the younger two and make sure they have some of the same experiences and memories.  (We've had colds and allergies at our house the last couple weeks, which made for tired, cranky kids, and I'm not such a fun mom when I'm fighting a sinus infection and allergies are bad--stupid sinuses!) I found myself feeling thankful this morning that I get to be home with my kids. I truly love my job as wife/mom/homemaker.  The longer I am a mom, the more I appreciate this time at home with the little ones. I'm realizing more and more just how fleeting it really is. (Now, after all this talk of thankfulness, we'll see how my attitude is this evening when Greg gets home. Things often seem to go downhill after 4pm. :) Not always so thankful in those moments. It's all a part of this season, though!)








Posted by Picasa

No comments: