Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

When she's older she may not appreciate this story being shared, but she's not quite four and doesn't read, so I'll share it anyway. I was helping Kari and Joel work on valentines for their classmates yesterday afternoon, and Aubrey decided she wanted to make some, too. She made one for her cousin, Maggie and was thinking about who else she wanted to to make one for when she curled up in a shy little ball on the floor and said, "Mommy, I want to make a valentine for someone else...but I'm not sure it's right." I assured her that it would be fine and asked whom she had in mind. With her chin tucked down, in a quiet little voice with a smile said sweetly, "For Aidan."

Oh my. Her first crush at not-quite-four. Aidan is the 6-year-old son of our good friends, the Wilsons, and one of Joel's buddies. That's probably how it will be--Aubrey always liking her big brother's friends. I'm afraid she's going to be our boy-crazy one. The question will be: will they be crazy about her, too? Scary thought! Good thing we have a few more years to prepare for it all.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Eric 'n Leah said...

Oh, Aubrey Ann!!.....I'm so glad your mama shared this. How adorable are you!!!?

Anonymous said...

so cute.
Mrs. G

Pate Family said...

So cute! With her little coy smile and beautiful eyes I have no concerns that the boys won't be crazy about her too. Watch out Greg.

Cheryl Licht said...

I had some similar concern a couple weeks ago when Brayden told me, "Mommy, I love Stormy (a girl at preschool) cause she's so pretty and wears dresses."