Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010

This year's pumpkin patch experience was not my favorite. In fact, I was muttering, "I hate this," under my breath for the first 10 minutes we were there. Greg told me to put on a happy face and pretend it was fun for the kids' sake, so that's what I did. We ended up having an ok time, but it definitely wasn't ideal. You see, we've gone to Liepolds every fall for the last 4 years, but we always go first thing in the morning on a Saturday in mid-October. There's a reason we go early. There are no people there early in the morning! Soccer games made a morning outing impossible this year, but because I love this sort of thing and because we go every year (and I needed to get my pumpkin photos) I insisted we still try to go. Big mistake. The parking lot that in years past has only had a handful of cars in it was packed. We maneuvered through the crowds and still managed to do the things we wanted to do, but it just wasn't the same. Going in the afternoon also meant we were all a little tired, or a lot tired in Aubrey's case. Greg carried her through 2/3 of the corn maze. Our normally photogenic, smiley 2-year-old frowned in almost every picture. It was actually pretty funny. If you look closely at all these photos, you'll see no Aubrey smiles.
This one cracked me up. We have a whole sequence of these photos--lots of funny faces from the kids while I smile away!



This was at the very end of our time there. Aubrey was spent. Joel was kindly trying to smile for my photo. We were all ready to go home.









I am glad we went, but never again will I attempt to drag my family to the pumpkin patch on a sunny Saturday afternoon in October.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Eric 'n Leah said...

I know this wasn't supposed to make me laugh, but it did. Especially since I have seemed to forget this entire month of SUN that going to the pumpkin patch was an option. Now it's going to rain all weekend and then the chances are gone. I guess if I just pretend that our experience could have gone like yours then I won't be too sad.
;-)

Greg and Andrea said...

Laughing is good! That's what we did at some points. It was either that or be grumpy!

Faith said...

haha..at least you can laugh now!! it's better than my 2007 memories of the patch. i left the camera on top of the car on our way home. needless to say i have no pictures from that year:( it's a bummer too because luke was only 1 month old and because i have a photographic memory, i CAN'T remember that visit at all!! oh well, there are worse things in life!