Thursday, January 14, 2010

So far today she's 7 for 8

Last Friday, on a whim, I decided I'd try to start potty-training Aubrey, and so, since then, this is where we have spent a large portion of our time--in the bathroom. She's not quite two (birthday's Feb 25th), and she is doing amazingly well! She's been ready for a little now, but I just haven't felt ready. My personal rule is I have to stick with it for a week (because you know those first few days are terrible) and then I can decide whether or not to continue. We're six days into it, and I'm pretty sure we're going to stick with it. I keep stats on a post-it each day which helps me see progress and keeps me going. She's had way more successes than accidents and even had one accident-free day. While I do realize this is a process, and there may be set-backs and some regression, I am so excited about the prospect of being diaper-free in the near future! Yeah, Aubrey!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Megan said...

Good job Aubrey (and Andrea!) We're doing that right now too! We are in day three, and i think we'll stick with it this time :)

Pate Family said...

Andrea- you win the potty training award again! Either you have some amazing secret (please share) or your kids have some amazing "potty" gene! (Camden- at the age of 3 just had an accident tonight. My kids don't have the amazing gene, or I'm not good at potty training!)

Greg and Andrea said...

Tiffany, I'm sorry to say, I think you're missing the all-important gene, because I don't have any special secret. I have methods(jellybeans are key), but I have a hunch it's not any different than yours. We'll have accidents, too! You wait and see.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! Especially since Aubrey is only a month older than Caleb. Have I mentioned that as a mother with 2 and a half in diapers I'm really really jealous? (Josh is so close but we are still averaging an accident every other day)

Eric 'n Leah said...

There's a gene Tiffany. My kids didn't get it....and I do believe that as with all things, it comes with it's downsides too....

The Miller Family said...

Nice job mommy and Aubrey! Way to go :)