Monday, December 03, 2007

"I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"

I get several requests a day (mostly from Joel) to watch "Hippo." Uncle Ryan introduced our children to this little YouTube gem a few weeks ago, and they absolutely love it. Kari can sing along pretty well now.

This is the first version we saw and Joel's favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtqIM_bPTws

But here's the version Greg and I prefer and recommend if you're going to watch one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKLZxv6wA78&feature=related
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Eric 'n Leah said...

We must think more alike than I realize....I almost posted the video several times this last week, and opted for a nap instead. I figured I really didn't want to subject more moms to the painfulness of the neverending requests by toddlers for the hippo song....apparently you aren't worried about that.
:-)

G&G Viertell said...

Oh My Gosh Andrea! That sure brought back memories! When I was a little girl we used to listen to that song alot at Christmas! Thanks for the memories! What fun that now your kids and also our grandkids are having fun with it! Thanks for the smiles! Jann

Anonymous said...

I must be as easily entertained as many two year olds because I get a kick out of this song. The other day it was the last song I heard on the radio before going into work and I sung it all day long! (K103 has now played it enough times that I officially know all the words!) It's now a running joke that I can sing whatever Christmas Carol I want at work as long as it is not the hippo song :0)