Wednesday, August 03, 2022

Half Blind

At Aubrey's well-child doctor appointment (she needed a sports physical), they did a vision screening, and she completely failed it! I was standing several feet behind her, and I could read most of the letters (without my glasses!). When the medical assistant left us in the room, I said, "Aubrey, I think you need to go to the eye doctor! You got all the letters wrong!" Her response was, "But, Mom, they made me cover up my good eye!"  She has a good eye...that was news to me. Sure enough, the eye doctor confirmed her right eye has a strong astigmatism, and she definitely needs glasses. She picked these out. She's not thrilled about them, though, and is anxious to get contacts as soon as possible. I think she's cute in her new glasses. 







 

No comments: