Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Grandpa Arnold

On October 18th, Dad texted all of us kids and said, "My dad just went to glory." I was subbing at the time and shouldn't have checked my messages until later, and it caught me off guard. Thankfully, the class was busy and distracted, so they didn't notice the tears pooling in my eyes. It was time for him to go. He was in pain and miserable. Now he is free and with his Lord. My grandpa was the best of men. My dad looked up to him, admired him, and loved him more than anyone on earth, I think. It was hard for him to say good-bye. I'm so thankful he was able to be up there just week ago to see him one last time. 

I have fond memories of summers at Grandpa and Grandma's house, playing horseshoes, "helping" in the garden, and listening to Grandpa tell stories. He was gentle and strong, patient and kind. He loved God's word and lived a long, faithful life of service to his Lord. Dad did such a great job with the slideshow for Grandpa's service. I loved getting to hear Grandpa's deep, raspy voice again in one of the videos. I'm certain he heard his Savior say, "Well done, good and faithful servant." Love you, Grandpa. We'll see you again "soon." 






 

No comments: