Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Flowers

The winter gloom was feeling heavy, and I decided I wanted to find some flowers to brighten things up. I donned my raincoat and went out and bought flowers--both primroses and rose bushes. The primroses truly brightened our front porch and our back deck. They brought me so much joy over the next couple months until spring weather brightened things up around here. 

On some of the dry days I spent some time in the dirt, making a rose bed, leveling the dirt and edging it with bricks. I planted 5 rose bushes, and it appears that only 4 survived, but I can replace it easily. I also bought some peony bulbs and gladiola bulbs. I planted some in between the day lilies along the fence and then spent a couple days removing grass along the back of the deck to create a flower bed there, too.  I'm so looking forward to seeing my flowers bloom. The peonies may not bloom this year, but hopefully, they'll do well and produce beautiful blooms we can enjoy in the coming years. 










No comments: