Thursday, February 11, 2021

DONE!

 

Greg and I both posted on social media within minutes of each other, not knowing the other was doing it. :)

Greg's post:

This is a post that I have desired to write for the past several months.  Here it goes...

I. AM. DONE. WITH. CHEMOTHERAPY!

I saw my Dr. today, and she gave me the medical ‘ all done’.  When she said it, I clumsily said “ okay, thanks”.  My brain had not processed what it had heard.

As made my way out to my truck to call Andrea Moffat, tears started forming.  As i relayed the great news to my bride over the phone ( i know i am still old school, didn’t even think to FaceTime) the tears came.  Tears of relief, of  being finished. Tears of God’s goodness to me and my family.

Tonight, As I sit here I am already making mental lists of things I long to do again;  walking ( maybe even running), playing guitar, disc golf, basketball.  These are all good things, and I am glad that I will be able to do them again, Deo Volente.

But I also think of those I personally know who have gone through physical, emotional, and spiritual journeys this past year.  Those who are physically suffering, those who have lost employment, those with broken relationships.  For all of us, this place is not our hope, not our home.

The song linked below ("Faithful God" by I Am They) has taken on some ‘new meaning’ for me the past several weeks, as I started to listen to the lyrics.  I am looking forward to learning it on the guitar soon.

Thanks to all of you out there who have been our support: cards, notes of encouragement , treats at our door, ears to listen, hearts to pray.  Andrea and I are beyond grateful to all of you for coming alongside us for parts of the past 9 months.

My post:

Six difficult months of chemo, and now he’s done!!! One round shy of the 8 planned. He’s had enough!  It’ll take some time for the effects to wear off, but we are so happy and relieved he can be done. He ended his treatment with a bang and suffered through kidney stones, too, this last week.  His body could use a rest! We’re praising God for carrying Greg and our family through this challenging season of cancer on top of everything else this last year.  We are so very thankful for the prayers and encouragement we’ve received from so many of you. I don’t have the words to express all the emotions I’m feeling tonight. 

No comments: