Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Bits of August Summer

August has been a month of driving kids to and from places (friends houses, cross country practice, tennis lessons, bible studies, youth group events, open gyms) and doing things at home in between--reading, playing games, listening to audio books, listening to Adventures in Odyssey, working on puzzles, lounging in hammocks, cleaning out cupboards, catching up on my blog (yes, I still keep that up for my books), and sorting through closets. Summer is the best.



Traci took the girls to the beach for the day


Aubrey was Facetiming with Abby while they were in England



One day that was not the best, though, was the day my phone died, and I spent the day in downtown Portland getting it fixed. Here's my FB post from that day:

I survived driving and parking in downtown Portland (I am NOT a Portland person)! I can't get those 5 hours of my life back, but Apple took care of me and gave me a new phone to replace my faulty one (still under warranty), and thankfully, I had my phone backed up. Phew! New phone, same number. Thank you to all who helped me out today, allowed me to bail on you, and were gracious with changes of plans (TiffanyShauna,TraciMichelleVicki). Crazy how much I rely on this little piece of technology! And crazy how many moving parts we have, even on a "regular" summer day.  
P.S. I didn't know cut-off, skinny jean shorts were a "thing" for men these days. They appear to be, for Portlandy men, anyway! ðŸ˜„The people-watching was great today.

No comments: