Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Bathroom Prison and Fresh Paint

We were heading up to bed last night when we heard knocking. Greg went to check it out and discovered Joel was stuck in our downstairs bathroom due to a broken door knob-turning mechanism. 😂 He was turning the knob but the latch was not moving. Greg called a handy friend who suggested playing cards or a credit card. It took 10 minutes (and a little marital strife), but we were able to free Joel from his bathroom prison! It was not convenient, but it was funny, and if this hadn’t happened, I wouldn’t have the freshly painted doors, trim, and baseboards I have today. It was reminiscent of “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.” I decided to paint the dingy-looking door before installing the new knob, and once I painted the door, I noticed the door frame needed some paint...and all the baseboards (thank you, Hoverboard 😏)and the doors next to the bathroom...and the walls and the stairway. Sparkly white trim around here! 😄


No comments: