Saturday, June 09, 2018

Random Bits

I was sorting Grant's laundry for him, and saw some very small items that should have been taken out of drawers long ago. These pajama shorts were size 3T!  Our 7 1/2 year old probably shouldn't be trying to wear those anymore. I had a whole pile of too-small clothes by the time I finished going through his drawers. I had to discard of them while he was at school, so he wouldn't protest. He hasn't even noticed they're gone--mission accomplished. 


Snapped a quick photo of this rare sighting of affection between Kari and Aubrey. Kari's not a hugger, so you have to enjoy it when she decides to show affection without being coerced.

This is a quote Mom Moffat shared with us when we were out to dinner with them. It was an embroidery that belonged to her mom, and it was something she used to say a lot. I asked Michelle to take a picture of it (it's hanging in their bedroom now), so I could share it with Kari. We've been talking a lot about smiling and being friendly, even when we're feeling uncomfortable and would rather keep to ourselves. I loved it--"Smile for the joy of others."

Spring allergies have been in full-force lately. I ended up sick with sinus infection and have been struggling this last month with allergies, but I do love the flowers the bloom in the spring, especially Great-Grandma Harrington's rose bush that Dad propagated for me. Flowers just make me happy.

No comments: