Saturday, November 05, 2016

Field trips

I went on a field trip with Joel's class to a children's theater in downtown Portland. We saw the show, "Rock the Presidents." While well done, it was way too long and way too much of the same thing--a full hour of three people dancing and singing information about all 44 U.S. Presidents. I was half-asleep by the end and so were the kids. The combination of the long, noisy bus ride there, and then an hour of loud music, and the same long, noisy bus ride back to school completely wore me out! I wasn't the only one who felt that way. One girl fell asleep on the bus ride back to school. Some field trips are better than others...

Grant's field trip was a fun one. It was my last kindergarten pumpkin patch field trip to Bushue's Farm. I enjoyed spending time with Grant and his classmates, getting to know who's who. We went through the little corn maze, saw the farm animals, made a "dirt baby," and took a hay ride out to pick pumpkins. He loved it all, of course.







No comments: