Monday, September 19, 2016

Celebration

This summer the kids and I worked on memorizing Psalm 103. It was a lofty goal, but we did it! To celebrate their accomplishment, the whole family went to iCandy in downtown Gresham for some Hawaiian shave ice. We'd told the kids about the shave ice we had in Maui, so they were excited to try it. We had such a fun evening together, one of those memories I'll treasure, all of us sitting down together, enjoying a treat and enjoying each other. I'm so proud of the kids and their hard work in memorizing God's word, and I know that those words will be in their hearts forever, whether they can quote it exactly later or not. I want so much for our kids to know the Word of God. I want them to walk by faith and carry His truth inside their hearts and be changed by it. There is so much I want to teach them, and I feel like time is speeding by. Gotta use that time wisely and remember to be intentional with them. They'll be off to college before we know it!


No comments: