Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Weekend with Kari

The weekend after school got out, I took Kari away to Hood River for one night to go through Family Life's Passport 2 Purity material to prepare for these soon-coming teen years. She wasn't a huge fan of these discussions, important as they were, but we got through it and managed to have some fun, too. We ate out at some yummy places, enjoyed some sweet treats, and went on an adventure together, zip-lining at Skamania Lodge. She wasn't too sure about the zip-lining at first, which sort of surprised me--didn't trust the harness and had me go first. Once she realized it really would hold her, she threw herself into the experience, and had a great time.

breakfast at Bette's Place in Hood River

Her face says it all: "I am not thrilled about this get-away, Mom, or this photo."



"Now I'm having fun"




No comments: