Saturday, April 04, 2015

Easter Prep

Good Friday is a holiday for Greg's company, so he spent the day with Grant and I while the other kids were at school. We visited Great Grandma Carrie and brought her an Easter lily, ran a couple errands, relaxed a little, and I did some baking. I made hot cross buns for the first time, and they were yummy! We're all ready for Easter now.



We planted our grassy tomb about a month ago, as we've done the past couple years, and have enjoyed the centerpiece as a reminder during this Lent season, but we weren't the only ones enjoying it. My friend, Karyn, gave me some wheat grass seed, and I thought I'd try using that instead of regular grass seed this time. It sprouted within days and grows super fast, so it worked well...except for the fact that the cats have been constantly up on our table trying to eat it! I didn't know that cats like it so much. Now that I know, I probably won't use wheat grass for this purpose again. :)




Friday evening we dyed eggs, with just one cup of egg-dye getting knocked over. :)  Honestly, it wasn't the most enjoyable egg-dying time we've ever had. Most of the time these family activities are fun but sometimes they just feel stressful. Everyone mellowed out a little, and it got better, but I was glad when it was done. Sigh.




No comments: