Friday, December 06, 2013

Snow Day

I opened the playroom blinds for the kids the see the snow this morning, knowing they hadn't looked outside yet, and I got the reaction I was hoping for. SO EXCITED! The big kids already had the day off from school because of a scheduled curriculum day for teachers. I let them go out at 8am, not knowing how long the snow would last. They came in for a quick breakfast and some hot cocoa and then were out again for most of the morning. A bunch of neighbor kids were out, too, and a couple of moms, as well, so I got my snow gear on and joined them. We pulled kids up and down the hill on our street and just played for a long time. If we gave them a running start, they could go pretty far on their sleds. We have some great neighbors. It was a really fun time, even thought it was cold and windy. Grant didn't last as long as the rest of them. He and I came inside to warm up while the rest of them stayed out and played with their friends until I called them in for lunch.

After lunch we made Christmas cookies together, frosted and tasted them, and took plates of cookies to the neighbors we'd been playing with earlier in the day. The kids had a blast running from house to house delivering their goodies. Their "buckets" were filled to the brim today. Love days like this!

 

No comments: