Monday, November 04, 2013

Halloween


carving their huge pumpkins a few days earlier in the week



This was at our church harvest party. I felt about as ridiculous as I look, but the kids sure did love that we were a WHOLE FAMILY of ninjas! It was their idea to all be ninjas. I dismissed the notion at first, thinking it would too much effort to get them all black outfits and such and thinking someone would likely change their mind. However, the kids were insistent that they all wanted to be ninjas, and when I mentioned it to Grandma, she was all over it. :-) She made the kids' entire outfits. They were so happy! Our kids' costumes were a hit with the neighbors, too, when they went trick-or-treating. Everyone loved our four ninjas! :-) 



 

The kids had the best time trick-or-treating! Started out with a drive to G&G Arnold's, then down the street to the Carl's, across the road to the Stager's, then back to our neighborhood for the night. Last year Grant just made it around the block and was ready to be done. This year he stayed out much longer. At one point, as they were running to the next house, he turned to me and said, "Mommy, I luz dis!" Greg and I tag-teamed handing out candy and taking the kids around the neighborhood. I didn't count this year, but we had just as many kids come through as previous years, if not more. Our neighborhood is a gold mine for trick-or-treaters. It's like a huge neighborhood block party. The kids had so much fun seeing their friends, kids from school and church, while they gathered their loot. Fun times!

No comments: