Monday, July 01, 2013

Little Pool Time

90 degrees at 7:30pm.  Summer has arrived. The kids have been slip n' sliding and jumping in the little pool, and I am feeling oh-so-thankful for central air! It is wonderful to be able to bake muffins if I so desire, to not stick to our leather couches, and to feel comfortable when it's miserably hot outside. I admit I've had to don pajama pants, socks, and a sweatshirt in the evenings while we're watching TV or reading downstairs, because, in order to cool down the upstairs (where we sleep), we have to turn the AC to a lower temp than usual. It's a lot warmer upstairs. No complaining from me, though! I appreciate the luxury of air conditioning, after not having it for so many years. The hot, hot weather usually only lasts a few days at a time, so it's all good.

No comments: