Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Furniture in our front room

 I realized when I was posting some other pictures that I hadn't taken any of our newly furnished front room. I've taken pictures of other parts of the house that we "finished," but not this one. This space, the room you see when you first walk in our front door, has been empty ever since we moved in almost two years. I didn't mind it being empty because #1-- we didn't have the money to do anything with it yet and #2--I didn't know what I wanted yet. I had envisioned a little "ladies sitting area," and that is exactly what I have now! I'm not much of an interior decorator, but it was a fun project for me, and I like how it turned out, which is all that really matters! The kids weren't thrilled that I filled their big, open play space, but it's ok. It's my house, and they do have a playroom. I don't feel sorry for them.

I started working on the room when some friends gave us the ivory colored piano back in November. The ivory piano looked silly against our white walls, so we painted the one wall a bluish/greenish color (it took several samples to get the right color) and the rest of the walls the same neutral color we have in the family room. My friend gave me the big mirror to hang above the piano (don't we have great friends?), and that's how the room stayed through Christmas and up until May.  I started shopping and looking around this spring, and my vision came to fruition! Curtains, two chairs, a big Ikea plant, a sofa, pillows, and a coffee table, complete with a set of wood coasters. I still would like to get a lamp for the corner with the mulberry chair and maybe something else for the wall next to the piano behind the brown chair, but it's pretty much done. I love my sitting room. I like to sit there by myself in the early mornings while I read my Bible and enjoy a quiet start to my day. With early little risers, it's not always very quiet, but if I get up early enough, and they stay in their rooms until they're supposed to, I get that time.  Oh, and Greg will sometimes even sit there with me. But he's glad he has his leather couches with the big TV in the other room, too. :)

I love the colorful buttons on the sofa.

 

1 comment:

Amy Woodard said...

I love it Andrea!! It's a beautiful space! I like that I can picture where you sit in the mornings now as we have our quiet times in our own separate homes. :)