Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Party Attire

Greg's company holiday party was a couple weeks ago. The theme was "denim and diamonds," kinda strange but also nice because it meant we were supposed to wear jeans, something I already own, rather than fancy black-tie attire, which I do not own. I took care of the "sparkle" for the both of us. :) I wore fun heels, too, but you can't see them in the picture.























The next weekend we went out again, this time to an "ugly Christmas sweater" party hosted by one of Greg's co-workers.
Thankfully, I had met he and his wife the weekend before at the company party, so at least they'd seen me wearing "normal" clothes before seeing me in this. I hadn't met anyone else at the party, though! The photo doesn't do us justice. We're both wearing sweaters with kittens on them, but Greg's has glitter on it, too. He took care of the "sparkle" this time. :) We borrowed these gems from some friends who host this sort of party every year, and guess who won "best" couple? We did! It takes some guts, I discovered, to meet new people and converse normally while wearing an ugly sweater with a mock turtleneck. Ever since being pregnant, I can't stand having anything touching my neck (makes me gag), so this turtleneck gave me a little trouble that night, but it was worth it. We had a good time. I always enjoy getting to know more of the people Greg works with every day, and it's always fun to go out alone with my husband.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: