Tuesday, April 12, 2011

8 months
















Grant turned eight months last week. It was a busy week, so I didn't get around to posting or taking pictures then. These were all from this last Saturday. He had a fever and a snotty nose, but he was pretty happy that afternoon.  It was a big day for him (big day for us, too, with our house selling and all!). His first tooth came in, specifically the front bottom left tooth (the baby book is packed away, so the blog is my only record for now). He also learned how to crawl forward on Saturday evening. I told you it was a big day!
He is better at going backwards and gets stuck often. It sure is cute to see him crawling, though! I got him to go forward by putting my cell phone out in front of him. He REALLY likes the cell phone (most babies seem to prefer the real deal), and it was big enough motivation to figure it out, I guess. He's our earliest crawler. Way to go, Grant! He pulled himself up on our coffee table yesterday, but he is not stable at all, so that could be a problem. Here come the bumps and bruises.

It wasn't super warm outside, but the sun was out, so he got to experience grass for the first time. He didn't care for it much.


That index finger is his finger of choice for teething, and it has a nice red mark to show for it. Can a finger develop a callous on the middle knuckle?

Before he got sick again, he was finally down to only getting up once or twice at night, but now he's back to multiple times. Sigh! I have hope, though, that once he's all well, we can get back to the once a night routine.


In a lot of ways Grant hasn't followed in his siblings' footsteps--kind of doing his own thing in the sleep department and moving around earlier than the others. However, there is one area in which he has decided to follow their trend, and that is in the nursery at church. He is inconsolable until they come and get us. He gets that hiccupy cry as he's calming down, coming out of his panic. He likes his mama. What can I say? He's my last baby, so I'll enjoy the extra cuddles and snuggles as long as he'll give 'em to me.

1 comment:

G&G Viertell said...

Wow Andrea! Leah has told me what challenging sleepers your little ones are! You have my sympathy, Leah slept all night at 6 weeks, Dan was another story with ear infections and all! Praying for patience and sleep for you all! Gramma Jann