My Instagram/Facebook Post:
I have a great story for you. I take a walk in our neighborhood almost every morning, and on these walks this summer, I’ve been delighted by the houses with porch geese. (If you don’t know what a porch goose is, look it up.) One porch goose, in particular, has fabulous outfits. Earlier this summer, she had long, flowing locks and a beautiful pink ball gown. Last week, she had a robe and a towel on her head, which made me laugh. I’ve become a little obsessed and even acquired my very own desk goose for my classroom and have been busy making and buying outfits for her. I named her Petunia. After seeing our neighbor goose's robe outfit on my walk last week, I wrote a note, addressing it to “Lady Porch Goose” and told her how much I appreciate seeing her fabulous outfits on my walks and and how she inspired me to host a desk goose. I thanked her for spreading joy in our neighborhood and signed it “a grateful neighbor.” Well, today on my walk, I noticed a new outfit on Lady Porch Goose and a sign with a note…to me!!! This is one of the sweetest, most hilarious interactions I’ve ever had with a stranger. It absolutely made my day. So clever, so kind, and so FUN!!! Petunia got a glow-up! How shall I thank Lady Porch Goose??
This clever act of kindness absolutely made my day. I was so excited to share this story with others, and it brightened the day of many friends who read my social media posts. So much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment