Wednesday, March 16, 2011

10 days and counting

That is how long someone (or multiple someones) has been sick with a fever in this house. Here's Aubrey at her "post" on the love seat. She's doing a lot better today, despite what this photo portrays. She just couldn't muster up a smile for me. She's sitting up, and she got dressed today at least! She spent two days without her hair done in the same princess nightgown, mismatching pajama bottoms, and Zoe Sesame Street slippers. She's on day 4 which means she should be doing better by tomorrow if she follows the trend of the other 4 people in our family who have had this sickness. I hesitant to even type the words, but yes, I am the one person who has not had it. I am convinced it's only by the grace of God. I'm still praying that I will stay well, as we have plans for the weekend that would be a big bummer to have to cancel and because I'm not sure how my family would fare if I were to go down. It's been quite the season. I think the kids are going to go through TV/movie withdrawal once everyone is well.

Watching the news and reading the paper this week sure has given me some perspective while we've been sick at home. While praying for the people in Japan, I've been feeling especially thankful for our home and for the safety and overall health of our children. This little illness will be over soon, and it doesn't seem like any big deal when I see the images of the suffering and devastation across the ocean. It's all a matter of perspective, I guess. Makes me grateful we have such a big, powerful God who is in control and that He cares about little ones with fevers and tired moms as well as earthquake victims suffering deep loss.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mlearnold said...

I am shocked her Aunt Emily blanket isn't enough protection! Shoot! Stay strong, Andrea!

Cheryl said...

Aww, she looks so cute and forlorn... It seems like you guys have been hit hard with sicknesses this fall/ winter. Hopefully this coming summer will give you a break. Hang in there.